View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #119
chosen_one8976

chosen_one8976 will become famous soon enoughchosen_one8976 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
I would say a lot of times games were lost because shots didn't go down and then the avalanche came crashing down. I wouldn't say they were at the buzzer, but the opportunities for momentum where there plenty of times and a jumper was taken and missed.

Plus, a lot of times without Josh, there would've been many times where they WOULD HAVE been in those games, it goes both ways. I didn't specifically say contested shots, but I did say that he took more shooting responsibilities during the first part of the year (Dirk's slump) and after the break for Dirk's injury.

Back back to my point, his timely shots were MISSED shots. They were momentum killers where he forced the situation without taking the rest of the team into account. That's why I would constantly call him a ball-stopper, it's a black hole. I mean, when people are shocked that he actually made a nice court vision play, that's not good for your reputation as a player.

Out of the 3 parts you said of Josh's game, I would say he isn't exceptional or even consistent at any of them, not a one. He is too touch and go on all 3 parts.

There won't be a bandwagon for Josh, it'll mainly be, "What the hell took you so long?" The talent is there, he is just wasting it.

And I would agree with PDub's assessment of Jet vs Josh in terms of shooting. Jet is easily the better shooter. If it's the last play and a jumper has to be taken Josh is, at best, 4th on my list.
i agree with you...but who is the third option to take the last shot? stack or kidd, or someone else im not thinkin of? i think stack, not sure though