View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 11:30 AM   #78
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump
Yes, I have a 1911 45ACP, and the price you quoted is pretty close to what I paid. I also have a CZ52, which is a Czech military surplus pistol that shoots the 7.62x25 Tokarev ammo (30 caliber). I have others too, but those are the most powerful handguns I have, and both of those cost more than my Remington 870 12 gauge.
The CZ52 is quite cheap. It can be had for around 170 dollars or less. Know several things about this gun before buying:
1)you need to replace the firing pin. they frequently are already broken anyway. the firing pin replacements are easy to find and cheap.
2)never use the safety device to drop the hammer on a live round. When these guns were new (40 years ago), this was safe and they were designed for this. Not safe now...
3)there are replacement parts available to allow you to drop the slide/close the slide on an empty magazine. This dramatically improves the functionality of the gun.
4)Wolf sells hollow point bullets (jacketed hollow points). Every other maker of bullets for this gun only sell Full Metal Jacket. Buy the Wolf JHP (jacketed hollow points) as most gun ranges disallow FMJ (full metal jacket) AND nothing pisses off an officer like a FMJ handgun.

The CZ52 was the earlier KGB side arm. Level 3 amored vests and helmets were very specifically produced in the first place to stop this very specific bullet. Anything less than level 3 armor is pierced by this hotly loaded, high velocity FMJ bullet.

The CZ52 loaded with FMJ bullets will penetrate most surfaces including the wall of your house and then the wall of the next house....

Not the safest home protection weapon. But, buy the Wolf JHP ammo and replace the firing pin and never drop the hammer with the safety device and buy the parts that allow you to drop the slide on an empty magazine and you have a very nice weapon at a GREAT budget price...

I have one and love it.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote