View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #16
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
You know what? I think that's part of the problem, that we look at it that way. That he should be so "dignified" because he held that office. First off, he certainly didn't have a shred of dignity when he actually held the office, so why should he now?

I really do staunchly believe that we Americans ought to get past this Camelot/Reagan mindset of what we expect from our president. What is the man? Errr...or person? He/she is the head of the executive branch of our government. That's it! No more, no less...but especially no more. I'm getting about sick and tired of people who feel like their kids won't grow up in a euphoric world if the US President doesn't oppose abortion, or anything else along those lines. I think that for some people the presidential elections are a big, huge game of American Idol. Gimme a break, already. The man, or woman, is a person...just like Nancy Pelosi is a person, just like Newt Gingrich is a person...just like they ALL are persons.

Let's hire somebody to do a JOB, not to raise our kids. Raise your own damn kids. The POTUS is a job, and a very big one. We don't need a superhero. We need somebody to do a damn job...and maybe sometimes, yes, without dignity. The Brits have it right. They have the prime minister to do all the executive stuff, and then the king or queen to do the "dignity." We Americans are SO jealous of that royalty, when in reality all we need is that PM.

Mike Tyson for Prez. Ron Artest as Vice prez.

No, that is not the answer...

Morality and Responsibility and Leadership are important.

Dang, you almost sound like a disciple of Machiavelli himself...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote