View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #21
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
In my mind, Bush 41 does a good job of representing what I think of as the ideal president theoretically...in the context of this discussion, that is. He didn't have a lot of charm, so folks didn't necessarily look to him for guidance in the ways of personality. He didn't try to grow or to make the office into anything more than it essentially is. He didn't try to dictate morals to the populace. He didn't have any important peccadillos, at least that we knew about...and that's part of the point. Maybe he did have them but we just weren't that interested in them, because he wasn't the kind of guy that paparazzi would follow around.

Yet he did a fine job of administering the government, and also of leading the military. And in the end we didn't re-elect him...I guess because he was too boring for most people.

In his time out of office he has mostly been out of the public eye, which is exactly how it should be. I don't think you will find too many Americans who are all that interested in what George Bush senior thinks about things. Good. He did his job, he did it well, and then he got the hell out of the way.
Agreed. Too bad about the "Read my lips... I won't raise taxes"
That killed him.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote