View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 10:20 PM   #144
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarrett
Scenario A ....I believe that trade involving Josh Smith is going to need more from Dallas. That would be laughable if proposed on the Atlanta board(For what thats worth). What that kid offers to a team is worth more than Jho and Bass!

Scenario B......IMO it is a little too much to give for Anthony but if everything else could happen in the scenario I think I would do it.

Personally I would rather have Josh Smith than Melo! I'll take the consistent Defense and highflyer to go along with Kidd over the offensive only minded Melo.
All the time on the board ..we hear that we need to put a #2 scorer behind Dirk. As much as I love Josh Smith..I don't think he can step up to be that #2 option yet. His offensive game is not refined yet. That is why I would not offer too big of a package for Smith as I would for Melo. (Although as of now Josh Smith would be way ahead of Melo in Defense.) I think Melo..playing next to Dirk would do WONDERS for him. He has not had another superstar on his team to look up to. Allen Iverson (from what I hear) never works at his game (practice). If Melo can see the work ethic that Dirk puts into his game daily...I think Carmelo can really step up to be part of the "next generation superstar" the media has put on Lebron and Dwade.

Also IMO..Melo is a smarter player than Josh Smith. I view Smith as a way more athletic Josh Howard without a big fat contract yet.

Please add Brand to this "top free agent i want list"