Thread: Maggette
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #146
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

No kidding, actually a decent market for back-up centers too.

Ok insider info:

Quote:
Celtics Extend Offer To Maggette
On the first day of free agency in the NBA, the world champion Celtics, according to an NBA source, made contract offers to both James Posey and Corey Maggette. Since Boston, at most, has a mid-level exception available (expected to be about $5.8 million), it would seem doubtful they could land both players. Boston is also scheduled have New Orleans center Chris Andersen in for a visit today.
"I called [Posey] and just talked to him and told him how much we wanted him back," Danny Ainge said. "I told his agent and we had a conversation. So we're still having conversations. After James, yeah, I called a lot of guys just to say that we had interest. But I can't discuss names."

"It's a great honor to even hear from them," Maggette said. "Hopefully, I can look at some of the options. That's a good option playing for those guys. ... It's not always about money," Maggette said. "I've been in the league a long time and I've made a lot of money. I'm tired of losing. I want to get back to the playoffs and win."

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote