View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 10:35 AM   #120
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
2. when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
I don't think anyone on this chatboard, or in the entire state of Texas believes it would be REASONABLE to shoot an 8 yr old kid in the back for stealing an apple.

That example comes nowhere near the situation Mr Horn dealt with....

And jthig, regarding your post #84.... Texas Penal Code 9.42 does not mention the crime taking place "on your property." It reads "B. to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property". The phrase "the property" does not mean "your property".

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Last edited by jefelump; 07-02-2008 at 10:44 AM.
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote