View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #121
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
So the assessment is that the undercover officer was on the scene and witnessed the shooting.

And Mr. Horn was acquitted.

This tells me that Mr. Horn was justified in his actions. After all, it was witnessed by a police officer, so the criminals must have done something against the law that provided Mr. Horn with legal protection to use deadly force.

He was well within his rights. I wonder if the ACLU would come to Mr. Horn's defense with all these other folks attacking him? Do they truly defend the rights of all?
He saw not only the shooting, he saw too, that one of the burglars run to Horn but a little later changed direction and run away from him to the street. He also saw that both burglars have been shot in the back.

Why did he do nothing?

Maybe he was frightened of Out-of-control Mr. Horn and instead being shot by him too, he decided to stay in the car...

Why didn´t he arrest Mr. Horn?

Because this moronic codes (as mcsluggo posted) cover such needless reactions, to shoot someone from behind...

Also to mcsluggos statement: How big would the wailing be, if those two burglars would have been 12 year old kids...

I don´t have anything of using guns against offenders, but I have something against killing other lives only because they have stolen something, as I also have the opinion a live is worth much more then property. This definitely doesn´t fit in our century. For stopping thieves I am all for
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump
This is why many neighbors have Neighborhood Watch programs, where local citizens patrol the neighborhood. These people are not law enforcement officers. They are people like you and me. Some of them carry handguns (with license/permit), and others do not.
if those people passed a training course and know how to behave in such a situation.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote