View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #23
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
12 year olds can't have guns? Please.

It wasn't "reasonable" to shoot those the adults that he did.

Again, he's protected by the letter of the law, not the intent of the law. He essentially got away with double murder on a technicality.

And btw, I've read quotes from the guy admitting he made a mistake and would stay inside if given a chance to do it over again.
I never said 12 year olds could have guns. Dr.Zoidberg brought the example of 12 year olds. But by saying "12 year olds can't have guns", you're implying they are law abiding 12 year olds. If they have broken into a house and stolen goods, then they are not law abiding 12 year olds. They could have taken their daddy's gun, since in this hypothetical situation they are not law abiding citizens.

And while I respect your opinion that it wasn't "reasonable" to shoot these men, the jury disagreed. They acquitted.

And I have no doubt he regrets it and says he shouldn't have done it. Who walks around proud of having killed someone?

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote