View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #128
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump
The undercover cop didn't arrest Mr Horn, because he broke no law. Even if he were afraid of being shot himself, he could have gone to Mr Horn's door (after he returned to the phone and called 911 again), knocked on the door, flashed his badge, and arrested Mr Horn, with no fear of being shot (if there had been a crime committed and reason to arrest him).

And if it were 2 12 year olds, it would not have been "reasonable" to shoot them. He could have apprehended them, even if he had to chase them and tackle them. We're talking about 2 adults here, not children/minors.
Yes, thats what I wrote, those moronic codes (law) covered Mr. Horn.

You are really sure that Mr. Horn wouldn´t have shot the cop? I am not, because it was an undercover cop. He would have gone toward Mr. Horn and probably been shoot by an already upset Mr.-trigger-happy as he wouldn´t have known this man is not someone of the burglars. Maybe Mr. Horn would have asked the cop to freeze and the cop probably would have tried to flash his badge, but Mr. Horn would have thought the man tried to pick a gun...

Now to the kid situation. It was night time, so if the two burglars would have been tall strongly built kids, he probably wouldn´t have noticed that those two persons are kids...

Or taken as granted that these two burglars would have been kids, Mr. Horn would have noticed that and would have tried to apprehend them. In the USA everyone, even kids are able to get some guns. So maybe Mr. Hero Horn would have been shot by kids then...

So my conclusion:

(1) To shot someone for protecting property is not proportional.
(2) It´s not worth to risk your life for protecting property.
(3) To shoot someone who runs away from you should never be covered by any law.
(4) To shoot an offender or someone who tries to get in your house and doesn´t stop or go away despite your demand is OK.
(5) To protect the property and stop burglars under neighborhood watch programs thru people which are well trained and know how to act under this situation is acceptable.
(6) Mr. Horn is a exception and it was dumb from him to flout the request of the dispatcher not to leave the house.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote