View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #25
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
So my conclusion:

(1) To shot someone for protecting property is not proportional.
(2) It´s not worth to risk your life for protecting property.
(3) To shoot someone who runs away from you should never be covered by any law.
(4) To shoot an offender or someone who tries to get in your house and doesn´t stop or go away despite your demand is OK.
(5) To protect the property and stop burglars under neighborhood watch programs thru people which are well trained and know how to act under this situation is acceptable.
(6) Mr. Horn is a exception and it was dumb from him to flout the request of the dispatcher not to leave the house.
(1) So nobody should be afraid of being shot for stealing your property.
(2) I agree Mr Horn's decision to go outside wasn't the smartest decision he could have made, but I can't say I wouldn't have done the same.
(3) So if someone stole $2,000 from you, you wouldn't try to stop him just because he already has it and is running away from you? If he wasn't running yet, it would be OK? What if he had raped your wife too? To say "To shoot someone who runs away from you should never be covered by any law" is a little too general for me.
(4) Agree
(5) And what if those Neighborhood Watch people shoot the criminal? Still OK?
(6) You're right. He could have been shot or killed himself. But at the same time I understand why he did it, and I applaud him.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote