View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #27
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
(1) Agree
(2) You would risk your life for protecting property? WOW, just WOW...
(3) In your understanding of the law, the burglar or raper, would already have been shot before he is able to steal something or rape your wife... See point (4)
(4) ...
(5) Depends on the situation and because of that those people should be well trained.
(6) I donĀ“t understand and applaud him, as it was a dumb decision not to follow the advice of the dispatcher, and risk his life.
You avoided the question in numbers 3 and 5.

(3) You said no law should allow you to shoot someone while running away. I say that's too general. So if someone stole that money from you and/or raped your wife, would you be opposed to the law allowing you to shoot him? By your prior statement, the answer is you are opposed. We're not talking about what happened before he committed the crime. He's now running away, and your wife is on the floor raped and crying. Would you shoot if you had a gun? He's no longer in your house posing any kind of threat to you. He's running away.

(5) Pick your situation. These neighborhood watch people are not on their own property. They see a crime (pick your crime, doesn't matter). They decide shooting the criminal is appropriate. Would you support it? Yes or No?

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote