View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #135
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump
You avoided the question in numbers 3 and 5.

(3) You said no law should allow you to shoot someone while running away. I say that's too general. So if someone stole that money from you and/or raped your wife, would you be opposed to the law allowing you to shoot him? By your prior statement, the answer is you are opposed. We're not talking about what happened before he committed the crime. He's now running away, and your wife is on the floor raped and crying. Would you shoot if you had a gun? He's no longer in your house posing any kind of threat to you. He's running away.

(5) Pick your situation. These neighborhood watch people are not on their own property. They see a crime (pick your crime, doesn't matter). They decide shooting the criminal is appropriate. Would you support it? Yes or No?
(3) At first, no I wouldn´t shoot someone, who runs away with my property (property < life).

In my understanding of a legislation, you have to protect a human life. So to shoot someone who doesn´t offend you and runs away, indifferent what he did before, is murder.

Of course a rape situation is the next extreme case. How will you know what you would do, if you never was in such a situation? I definitely would have tried to catch him or shoot him in the legs. It also could be possible that I would kill him, but in my view of justice I have to bear the consequences to be accused of murder in emotion then.

(5) If the criminals assail someone or the neighborhood watch people themselves, it is acceptable. If no one is threatened and the criminal only tries to escape with stolen goods, then to shoot is not acceptable (at least not with the intention to kill). The precondition is always a good training for those neighborhood watch people how to act in those situations.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs

Last edited by Dr.Zoidberg; 07-02-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote