View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 01:45 AM   #40
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn
The gangsters of Chicago chose to not mug me because of the deterrent nature of my weapon.

Criminals pick on easy targets.
There's more than one way to not be an easy target. I'm sure that whipping out that revolver and spinning the chamber, then brandishing a knife and scratching your cheek with it, after which you watched the scary gang of bad guys disperse at the sight of your macho act of bravado probably felt very good to you, like you were playing the lead role in a Hollywood script...but maybe there was another way...

Maybe the guy with twenty-five years of education has learned something along the way, and he's aware enough of his surroundings that he won't stop his fancy rental car and walk into a ghetto convenience store in the middle of the night so that he can ask directions, wearing his "easy target" white shirt and tie, while a gang of eight thugs are standing on the corner.

Unless, of course, you're the kind of guy who owns close to a hundred guns and doesn't mind using them, and after all, why shouldn't the bad part of Chicago still be part of the personal universe that you own? You are ARMED after all, damnit! That makes any space you want YOURS!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote