View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 06:28 AM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Chum you're being awfully flippant about the careers of everyone else at the station. Regardless of whether it's entertainment or not, working with someone who is refuses to pull their own weight and starts coming in late, not ready for work, and eventually, completely high is not a good thing for anyone involved.

A persona is one thing. But even though they try to appear like just regular dudes shooting the S on the radio, those guys are professionals who work hard at their careers. No one wants to pull dead weight around at their job.

If anything, it makes Greggo look even worse when you consider that Rhyner handed Greggo his lifestyle on a silver platter. Greggo brought something to the station, don't get me wrong. But without Rhyner ther is ZERO chance that Greggo ever has anything approaching that level of success. And he pisses it all away and alienates the guy that made it all possible.

And I think they were fully justified in what they did. They proved that they were willing to put up with him through just about anything. Even when personal relationships eroded, they put the show first. But when their relationship is that straigned and THEN he starts coming to work messed up....come on. How can you blame them for moving on.

I agree that the show is not the same since he left. But they had no choice. Greggo made his decisions, now he, and all of us, must live with them.

PS: On the issue of money, certainly I've always suspected that they made a killing. Plus Rhynes always refers to Modano as "neighbor" whenever they have him on. Apparantly they live on the same block. So yeah, they're paid handsomly.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-10-2008 at 06:32 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote