View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #17
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Despite the loss (and that's hard to say), last night's game has me flat-out giddy about the future. Davis, Boggs, and Ramirez as the bottom third - for one night at least - was outstanding.

I thought last night was Chris Davis' most impressive game of the year. He didn't hit any HR's (close), but his hitting looked 10 yr veteran'ish. He was spraying the ball all over and going with the pitches he was dealt. I most definitely do not think he's a flash in the pan.

Max Ramirez had the HR which was HUGE, but his ability to block the plate is unbelievable. It doesn't take long to fall in love with a hard nosed guy like him. It's almost like he enjoys getting steamrolled. I think the comparison to Edgar Martinez is pretty good on his hitting. Their swings look similar to me.

Boggs - Is he returning to his form from the initial month he was in the bigs? Sure looked like it last night. I appreciate his patience at the plate. He showed a good eye last night. Very Milton Bradley'esque way of not hurting himself swinging at bad pitches. And that throwout of Hunter at the plate was fantastic.

FELDMAN - What the hell, man? I lost count...but did he allow three total runs to score off of walks and HBP? Might have just been 2, but that cost us this game. His control was horrendous. It looked like he was making his MLB debut and was nervous or something.

CJ Wilson - I'm beginning to hate him. And that's disregarding his pitching. His whole "act" gets on my nerves. The forced, Wally Sczerbiack style intensity makes me want to vomit. And hey, could you maybe not try makinga fashion statement with your cute little necklace while you "pitch?" One last thing...hurry up. Jesus. 30 seconds between each pitch? No wonder you never find a rhythm.

Frank Francisco would be my closer.

Vazquez, on that last at bat, was scared. He was most definitely up there to walk. He never took his bat off his shoulders.

The Angels are lucky. I concede that the Rangers were fortunate to win 2 games this series given injuries to their rotation. But I've never seen a 4 game series that involved THAT many screaming line drives hit directly at the 1st or 2nd baseman. Just redicilous. Kotchman did a great job at 1B this series and all that...but they were very fortunate we hit that many shots right at someone. Then the damn Angels get up there and drive in 2 runs with bloopers, bleeders, and balls.

Chone Figgins - What a little bitch. Dude threw a fit when he got "hit." I wish we'd have hittem him on purpose his next at bat.