View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #19
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
All signs point to Davis and Ramirez going back down when Blalock and Laird get back. I have to admit, that would take a LOT of the wind out of my "it's not about this season" sails. If you're going to send those two guys back down (especially Davis, who has proved everything needed in the minors) then the guys you replace them with had better help you make a real and legit run at the AL West.
I don't think Davis goes down. I actually have a feeling Laird will be traded. To me he's had his shot at being the everyday catcher. And he is what he is, a great fielding catcher with an average bat. If I'm running the rangers, I'd probably shop these guys:

Millwood - Doubt the return on trading him would get us a great prospect, better off keeping him
Padilla - If he comes back after the ASB and has a few good starts I bet JD could get a contention team to throw some +plus prospects our way, which I think is a move that should be made
Laird - Definitely don't think he's in the team's plans. if HE is, Salty isn't. Just my gut feeling. Boston would seem to be a great spot for him if we could pry some young pitching off their hands.
Vazquez - I love what he's given us, but he's replaceable. His value is not likely to get any higher than it is. Find a contention team that needs some infield help and an extra bat.
Bradley - Don't want to lose him at all. But are they going to shell out the big bucks to sign him in the offseason? I guess we'd get draft picks if he walked...Just wouldn't rule out Milton being dealt.
Cat - He's pretty much irrelevant at this point.

Definitely not saying we SHOULD trade any of these guys, one way or the other. Just wouldn't be surprised if any of those guys were traded. The DMN had an article yesterday about the rangers needing to sell this year and continue stockpiling prospects. I'm entirely in favor of that. I think the young guys in the organization are that good already and losing some veterans wouldn't hurt us for too long.