View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #7
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Victory in Iraq, if it is at our fingertips, would be a true testament to our troops' perseverance and fortitude. Truly amazing!!! But imo it would be a solemn victory. The celebration should be tempered with the reality that many of our soldiers will suffer for many years and maybe indefinitely due to physical and psychological disabilities. Many of those families will have a difficult time celebrating the good that could come from victory in Iraq. I don't mean to dampen the feeling of accomplishment. Or maybe I do.... What I really want is for us not to forget the ongoing sacrifice of these individuals and families. The Mission may eventually be "accomplished" but the battle for a decent quality of life will endure, both here and in Iraq. I hesitated to even post something of this tone, because so many/most(?) try to make this a political issue that pits Republicans vs Democrats. I, personally, am tired of these battles of rhetoric and posturing in order to move the party's agenda forward and have little desire to get in the middle of that type of debate. I realize that just like the suffering of the many survivors of the Iraq war, the verbal battles among political pundits and party leaders will go on incessantly. Maybe its just good fun. Or maybe not.........

Last edited by purplefrog; 07-11-2008 at 12:43 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote