View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #88
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
That's funny. I thought you said it took two months to win in Afghanistan?

I could care less if we "win" in Iraq. And no, I don't want us to "lose" either. Iraq has nothing to do with us, which is why we should never have gone over there in the first place. It has cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars to build someone else's nation. Meanwhile, we lose lives and the dollar is going to sh*t. Funny how our government cares about some Middle Eastern country first, and its own citizens second.

Furthermore, what is the significance of this "victory"? Will we withdraw the troops, stop the bleeding, stop the spending, and perhaps save the dollar and our economy? Hell f*cking no. I fully expect the Bush administration to simply use this as fodder for sending everyone into Afghanistan, Iran, and wherever else they feel like telling people how to run things. Our plan is proven to work now, right?
----------------------

go back to the original post to separate out who said what originally.

1)We did not go into Iraq in any relationship to 911 and their was no pretense that they were related.
2)The UN approved the attack
3)The US Congress approved the attack.
4)The value of the dollar was depreciated on purpose. The depreciation is not really related to Iraq at all.
5)I'm sorry you get so upset with our success.
6)Winning in Afghanistan= destroying Al Qaeda training bases; Removing Osama from being anything more than a symbol; Establishing a new regime; Turning over control to the Afghannies and letting them fight it out; removing the Taliban; Maintaining our ties to Pakistan even if it means Osama can hide there, because Pakistan is Nuke capable and had been a source of black market parts and technology to N. Korea and to Iran which enabled them to accomplish what they did. the relation with Pakistan is more important that killing Osama

Are we successful? Yes, on every point above.

Will Afghanistan ever be like a state in the US? Not any time soon. Doesn't mean we aren't successful.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by wmbwinn; 07-14-2008 at 08:35 PM.
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote