View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 12:57 AM   #98
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
We'll just have to see about that. I'd say that McCain is currently doing a very poor job of both rallying the grass-roots, conservative troops and selling his own compelling story and experience to the American public, but the weird, cult-of-golden-self of the Obama campaign continues to offset those McCain campaign faults by promulgating it's own alarming self-obsessive narrative- a narrative that my gut and experience tells me, many average Americans have become increasingly disturbed by...
I can't imagine why you would think that. The "cult of personality" has driven most of the elections in our lifetime. Certainly it has driven the last four. Why would you expect the present election to be any different from 1992, when Clinton rode that cult of personality into the White House, against an incumbent administration that was nowhere near as troubled as the present one? Why you would expect the present election to be any different from the last two, when Bush rode his cult of personality into the White House, against a troubled administration in the first case and a terribly weak opponent in the second?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote