View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 08:31 AM   #27
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdelanee
I believe the Dallas Mavericks need some changes to their current roster if they hope to win an NBA title. We all know that Dirk is the superstar of the team, but besides him, there is nobody on the current team that can step up and help fill his shoes.

Please consider the following two trade ideas to help the Mavericks become an elite team:

1) I hope the rumors are true that we are trying to get Ron Artest for Stack and Bass. If we are able to trade anybody on the roster (except Josh or Dirk), then Artest can be the Mavericks number 2 scoring option. Also, he is a lock down defender that can play against the best shooting guards and small forwards in the league.

2) Trade Josh Howard and other players to Charlotte to get Emeka Okafor. Okafor has averaged a double-double every year that he has been in the league. He is an outstanding low post defender and he can play either power forward or center, thus allowing flexibility to the roster's depth. Okafor is only 25 yrs. old and hasn't even started to play his best basketball yet. He would be a great young superstar to help carry the load once Dirk and Artest are past their prime.

08 Starting Roster Could Look Like This:
G Jason Kidd
G Josh Terry (or Gerald Green if Jason is traded)
F Ron Artest
F Dirk Nowitzki
C Emeka Okafor / backup - Diop

Let me know what you think.

That would be bettter then the celtics. But would it work out? It's kinda being unrealistic.