View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #43
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Something tells me you wouldn't, really, but still...

You are falling victim here to a logical fallacy, and/or an underappreciation of how voting works in this country and has worked for a long time.

For example, you readily bet me twenty bucks that Texas would vote Republican this year. Probably a smart bet on your part (but we'll see). What did you go on? Did you think that Texans would objectively look at the candidates and choose one specific guy because he's the guy who obviously deserves to be voted for? No, you didn't. If I'm not mistaken, the Republicans didn't even have a guy at the time we placed our bet. What you bet on was your assumption that Texans would vote Republican no matter who the candidates were.

In that case you showed some understanding of how voting works. But now, when you see a stat that says 89% of blacks are voting Obama, you call blacks racist. Blacks vote Democrat at 80%+, and you should know that. (You know that Texans vote Republican at a high clip.) But you want to rhetorically present a poll that says 89% of blacks are voting Obama as evidence that they are racist? You fail here. Let's see. Blacks vote for white Democrats 83% of the time (verifiable), and for Obama, a black Democrat, 89% of the time (a poll number)...and you can call blacks racist?

Obviously you have an agenda, but you aren't using your rhetoric very well to advance it.

Why were you so confident that Texans would vote Republican in this election, without even knowing who the Republican candidate would be? Are you confident that Texans just won't vote for a black candidate, regardless the situation? If so, who's the racist? Texas voters? You, who made the bet? Or, nobody?

Seeing this numbers further solidify my own view regarding racism. It is more of a black thing than any other race. For some reason we see an overwhelming majority who keep voting Democrat and they call those of the same ethnic background and Uncle Tom if they vote republican.

What will it take for Black America to see that they are being used and abused by the Democrat party? They have been enabled to be victims of Democrats and they continue to go back for more.

I can understand why some would choose to be democrat or republican, but I can't understand why such a high % of one culture would be so loyal to one political party and use the race card as a major means to stay with that party.

Unlike other cultural backgrounds who seem to have a more balanced stance between Democrat and Republican.

Look I am a White Republican, but I would NOT want to have 100% White Republicans trying to dictate the direction of our government. Now do I want to see 100% White Democrats trying to dictate the direction of our government.

I don't understand why we see nearly 100% of Blacks backing Democrats for so long?

Why do we not see more Blacks balancing out the mix so that we have 30-50% of Blacks who stand and believe as Republicans with another 30-50% believing in Democrats and the remainder being Swingers?

I get the feeling from Democrats and Blacks that it's an all or nothing stance...all or nothing is very bad for America as it no longer looks at the BIG PICTURE view as to what is best for the Nation as a whole.

I vote based on my thoughts and beliefs...but at the end of the day, I respect the authority of those appointed over me. With all the bad mouthing and protesting and lies that have been said about the Current administration, I don't get the feeling that the same respect is givin back.

It's as if Democrats and SOME Blacks are intolerent of opposing view points.

When will blacks stand up against blacks who are giving blacks a bad rap?

When will whites stop allowing themselves to be emasculated and stand up for what they believe in?

I know there are racist of all types...the worst comes from those who stereotype...even when a black stereotypes a whitey...that my friends is as dangerous as any form of racism and woe to the man who calls it out.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote