View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 08:07 AM   #19
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Yeah, I heard that on the radio this morning. And he is reportedly worth 2.6 billion, so half his worth for the Cubs.

They were saying on the Musers that if he ended up being the owner he could basically start printing money recouping what he paid.... but if that is true why is it being sold?

They are selling it because they have a 8.2 billion dollar debt, They need capital to pay the loans, so they are selling the cubs to help pay for that stuff. I couldn't be happier.

Also, this deal includes what like a 25% stake in the cubbies tv network/comcast?

that sounds right up cubans ally, he's always talking about tv and hd and hdnet, all that stuff.

I hope cuban can buy them. 2 of my 3 favorite teams are cuban owned.

mavs/cubs/cowboys. at least we know jerry jones has deep pockets, and money doesn't matter to any of these clowns. I love it.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote