View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #116
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

SC McCain Rasmussen (R) 53%, Obama (D) 40% - This is some space between the two now and this is good news for McCain here. It is a red state but Obama was creeping in to make it a state to possibly swing. Nice spread here for McCain.

Gallup - Obama (D) 47%, McCain (R) 41%

In the end the latino vote can be huge and will really help Obama.

Hispanic registered voters support Democrat Barack Obama for president over Republican John McCain by 66% to 23%, according to a nationwide survey of Latinos conducted by the Pew Hispanic Center, a project of the Pew Research Center, from June 9 through July 13, 2008.

Obama is rated favorably by 76% of Latino registered voters, making him much
more popular among that voting group than McCain (44% favorable) and
President Bush (27% favorable). He now appears to be even more popular than
Hillary Clinton among Latinos (73% favorable).

In addition to their strong support for Obama, Latino voters have moved sharply
into the Democratic camp in the past two years, reversing a pro-GOP tide that had
been running among Latinos earlier in the decade. Some 65% of Latino registered
voters now say they identify with or lean to the Democratic Party; compared with
just 26% who identify with or lean to the GOP. This 39 percentage point
Democratic Party identification edge is larger than it has been at any time this
decade; as recently as 2006, the partisan gap was just 21 percentage points.

2008 Latest Senate Polls
------------------------------

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...ls/senate.html

Minnesota Senate Rasmussen Coleman 46, Franken 49. Now this is simply amazing as i thought Coleman was doing ok. It could be the fact that the American public is so frustrated with Bush/Cheney that they want to vote the opposite. Franken is not even a politician. This was not even suppose to be close for a Coleman win. To be fair, i have seen Coleman up more than what Franken is in this poll.

Virginia Senate PPP (D) Warner 57, Gilmore 32. This is the seat John Warner, republican retired from. Both Warners, republican and democrat are really liked in VA. This is a clear cut win for the dems here.

New Hampshire Senate University of New Hampshire Sununu 42, Shaheen 46. I expect Shaheen to win this race and this is a major blow to the republican party. NH is one of the northest states that can swing but more and more reps are being beat. Sununu wasn't all that long ago his name was kicked around in pres and vp talks, just like the guy from VA(senator) that Jim Webb took out. That senator(Allen) was suppose to be where McCain is now, that was the reps pick. When he started using racial names and he had like a 20 point lead on Webb, his lead shrunk and he was out, not only as pres or vice pres but now as a senator and politics. Webb is doing good also. He makes me proud.

Colorado Senate Rasmussen Udall (D) 49, Schaffer 46. If the dems keep on with Co, here is a red state going towards blue. This is a good close race and will be right up untill election day. Very important for the reps on this state.

Alaska Senate Rasmussen Stevens 44, Begich 52, Und. 4. Now here is old man Stevens, sucked in with big oil, more than Bush and Cheney. All three of these guys are like brothers. He is part of the big oil neocons. This old guy was suppose to be like Mitch McConnel and never get beat and also he is in one of the redest states in all the USA. He has been trying to keep his butt out of jail for the last year than having anytime for a senator. I have not seen other polls showing him getting beat this bad as i thought it was alot closer. This dude is bad news and greed as the best he could have done and helped his party, was retire and go retire with Bush and Cheney and live in Crawford and let another rep run but no, old man Stevens can't pocket enough money to be happy. This might be the only man older than McCain running, not sure.

Georgia Senate Rasmussen Chambliss 59, Jones 29. This is a ray of hope in the rep party here and it was even talks of him being vp. It looks like he has a good future in the rep party. Very safe win for the reps here.

Maine Senate Rasmussen Collins 53, Allen 43 Collins +10.0. I feel this is a win for the reps. Congrats on the win.

New Jersey Senate Strategic Vision (R) Lautenberg 48, Zimmer 32. It's hard to beat Lautenberg and the dems win here.

North Carolina Senate Rasmussen Dole 54, Hagan 43. Congrats to Lizzy Dole as i feel she holds her seat here.

Oregon Senate Rasmussen Smith 46, Merkley 46, Und. 8. Great race. Down to the wire. Let's get out in Oregon and sign up some more democrats. The color blue is pretty.

Kansas Senate Rasmussen Roberts 61, Slattery 33. Like Alaska, this state is painted reder than red and it's hard to even start with bue in this state. Congrats reps on a big win.

South Dakota Senate Rasmussen Johnson 60, Dykstra 38. Nice big win for Johnson and great to see him healthy again. The reps thought this was the one state they could win in the senators race and take it over after Johnson had a brain hemmorhage. This is a blow out for the dems.

Michigan Senate Rasmussen Levin 59, Hoogendyk 36. The dems very safe here as Levin has always been strong.

Louisiana Senate Rasmussen Landrieu 49, Kennedy 44. I thought the reps could possibly win here but Mary is running strong. Yes it is up for grabs but looking blue now in a red state.

Illinois Senate Rasmussen Durbin 63, Sauerberg 28. Durbin is strong like Levin. Nice win dems. Blow out.

Rhode Island Senate Rasmussen Reed 72, Tingle 20. Blow out for the dems.

Massachusetts Senate Rasmussen Beatty 27, Kerry 58. Blow out for the dems.

Alabama Senate Rasmussen Sessions 58, Figures 34. Reps win in the south and a red state.

Kentucky Senate Rasmussen McConnell 48, Lunsford 41. Very embarrasing for ever rep in the usa if McConnel loses. This is within reach for the dems and yes it is hard but you never know how many anti Cheney/Bush voters come out to vote in Ky. This man is carammed up Bush/Cheney's butt so far it is hard to get it out. This is anotherone that would probably go retire with Stevens, Cheney and Bush in Crawford. Maybe kick back with some vintage Billy Beer and talk about old times and like how it use to be. The days ole Chains could go out hunting and shoot whatever moves, the good ole days when Ramsfield was their leader, or when Stevens made more money in oil than Bush and Cheney. Mitch the yes man. Want a yes, go to mitch. When he retires, let's hope he does it in Crawford.

Nebraska Senate Rasmussen Johanns 60, Kleeb 33. Win for the reps and a blow out.

Texas Senate Rasmussen Cornyn 52, Noriega 35. This is closer now but chalk up a win for a win in Tx for the reps.

NM - July 25 Rasmussen Udall (D) 61%, Pearce (R) 35%. The Udalls are tough. Chalk up another for the dems. Let's Udall Co also. Paint them all blue and then next election, maybe we can start in KS, TX and AK.

MS - July 24 Res. 2000 Wicker (R) 45%, Musgrove (D) 44%. Very close here and again you are looking at a red state with big blue running strong. Let's get some more money in MS and put Musgrove in office. This is Trent Lott's seat. Remember him? Haley Barbour put Wicker in, appointing him.

In Wyoming Sen Michael Enzi republican will hold his seat. Sen. Thad Cochran republican will also hold in MS and keep the reps happy with that win.

One race i want to give the reps and that is kick Liberman out of the blue colum. He could be and should be the new Mitch McConnel and i sure hope the blues force him to turn red and if he can't hack it, retire him on Ole McDonald's farm in Crawford with his pals.

One Gov's Race we need to throw in.

NH - July 24 Univ. of NH Lynch (D) 67%, Kenney (R) 16%. Big blue win here.

In the end, here is what you are looking at or possibly looking at. Dems possibly picking up senate seats in ME(up hill battle), AK, CO, NH, NM, and VA. Reps picking up seats, a big fat zero. MN could be in play also for the dems.

Projected Senate after this election... Dems 57 and Reps 43. That sounds good to me.

In the house, dems 239 to reps 196 as it stands today. I will be reporting on the house also but for now, blue is sure looking good and i expect the same thing in the house races.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote