View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 02:22 PM   #48
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
ul -- the reason, as I said earlier, that I think there is a categorical difference between 0% and 1% is because:

Perhaps you could explain to me why you think there is a similar categorical difference between 38% and 39%.
you can similarly draw a categorical distinction anywhere you might find it useful. Like I said before, for most of us, it's who is taxing more and who is taxing less. Wherever those numbers fall is arbitrary, whether it is 0 and 1 or -1 and 0 or 38 and 39 or 25 and 50.

The only reason to define 'left' and 'right' in ignorance of all other distinctions, and choose a category boundary that lumps almost all politicians into one side would be to make a point about your pet issue, rather than to communicate with other people.

by the way, is it normal for GDP to grow in a depression?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote