View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future
Default Josh Smith staying in Atlanta?

I thought this was big enough for it's own thread, because it's basically the last big free agent hopeful we were after. Looks like it isn't happening.

Quote:
Josh Smith To Re-Sign With Atlanta?

Posted: 7/31/2008 3:41:00 AM
Source: Newsday

I'm told Josh Smith isn't going anywhere, by the way. He'll eventually sign there, it's a matter of how long of a committment will Atlanta agree to make with him. Dude is an amazing athletic talent with a ton of potential, but I don't believe he's someone you build around. You build with him, yes. But he's not a centerpiece at this point of his career.
Now mind you this is just hoopsworld so feel free to take it with a grain of salt. But it's time to realize that we're going in with the team we have now. We spent this summer desperately hoping Jermaine O'neal would come to us, then Maggette, then Artest and now Smith. It just isn't happening, sadly. The F.O. was serious when they said they weren't trading Josh Howard. And teams don't appear to be all that interested in Stack/Bass or similar offers.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 08-01-2008 at 01:31 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote