View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #56
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
You might refer to this post or this one or that one in this very thread where I've addressed the leftness of Comrade Bush without reference to my "pet issue," as you call it.

Cheers
lessee - size of government, economics of government, size of government, seems like repetitions of your pet issue. No doubt Bush doesn't mind growing the government, and doing so with tax dollars. But he is still to the right of those on the left of this, his most left issue. But to call him faux conservative and leftist is to ignore all of the other stuff that goes into those labels. As examples of other issues, I've suggested role of the military (which you subsumed under size of government, though the leftists of today would not) and abortion (which you chose to ignore). You might also look at gay marriage, supreme court nominations, affirmative action, and countless other issues other than size of the government that could, should, and are used to label today's polititians as 'left' and 'right'.

And as for a straw man, are you not labeling 'left' and 'right' around the categories of taxation that you've drawn at 0%, or is that a real man?

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 08-01-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote