View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #50
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
yup...mp4. My first attempt was with a movie I had lying around (Hell Boy)...and the picture quality was great, but with zero audio.

Then I tried something else...also to mp4 and the audio came through (it was only a 20 minute cartoon though)

any thoughts?
Hmmmm... I very, very rarely rip from DVD's (when I convert files they are usually ones I downloaded), so I have a dearth of experience in this area, but if I ran into that problem I would probably try ripping the DVD with Nero (unfortunately not a free program) into the highest quality Nero Digital standard and then I would try converting that that file to MP-4 with Videora. Of course there might be much more efficient ways of ripping and converting your DVD, but that method is probably what I would try if I ran into the audio problem that you seem to have encountered. Assuming you don't have a version of Nero installed on your machine, you might try using a trial version of a popular ripping program from download.com to rip your DVD(unfortunately I can't recommend any other one but Nero, because that's the only one I've ever used), and as I suggested above, then try to convert the file from your hard-drive to your ipod with Videora...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 08-02-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote