View Single Post
Old 09-16-2002, 11:40 AM   #5
pepperfletch

pepperfletch is on a distinguished road

Charlie you are right, a lot of words to express what I think are your key points:

You call it Rhythm - for what I take it to mean that you want Don to play a smaller number of
players and let them jell together. You implie that Don does play too many different
combinations. You also feel Nelson over coachs looking for mis-matches instead of letting hot
players shoot.

You think less players need to control the shots. You again imply that action would improve play.

And Dirk needs to take more shots.

Lewis will cause more shooting problems and cause even more confusion.

You best players will make more shots. Meaning Dirk again.

Charlie, I agree with most of your contentions but it is important that we play the quality players we have. Eddie , Wang, and even Bradley need minutes to improve their play which will help us late in the season. Griff and TAW provide defense more than others. AND finally Nick will get plenty of minutes. Now with that said DON could still focus good stretches of time allowing his "Star 5" (Which includes Lewis IMO), play together, mainly early to set the speed and pace the Mavs like and again during the stretch run in the 4th quarter to put games away. In between we can change the pace of the game and rest key players to perserve them for the season and let others develop into contributors and get ready in case one of the stars goes down.

And finally, play Dirk the most minutes in any of 3 positions throughout the game and yes make him the main focus of the team meaning Finley and Nash drop back a notch.

CB, please refocus me if I mis-read your points...Also does anyone else see problems asking Finley and Nash to let Dirk shoot more?
pepperfletch is offline   Reply With Quote