View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 03:37 PM   #108
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Alby, since you asked for my thoughts I figured it would foster more discussion if I put them in this thread so others may comment on it.

I feel the US will win Gold. They are actually lucky they got put in the bracket with Spain. Spain poses the best chance to beat the US. But Spain needed the "surprise" attack of only seeing the US in the medal rounds. Now the US can prepare for them because they will have had played them.

But the US team is still flawed. They still rely on crap to get it done. The US team needed a couple of workmanlike big men and they needed a few shooters. Guys like Nick Collison as a big and Mike Miller as a shooter is what the team needs. LeBron is essentially the point guard for the team, and that is fine. But if you are going to have him dominate the ball, the team needed a couple of shooters to get the pass off of him. Also, having only Dwight as a true big may hurt them. If he gets in foul trouble, Bosh and especially Boozer are huge dropoffs defensively. And from what I've seen, the US still thinks that the first wide open shot is a good one. Way too little ball movement. Carmelo Anthony is sucking the life out of their offense. With their athleticism edge at every position, they should full court press the ENTIRE game. No reason not to do it. They could be the Kwntucky Wildcats albiet Olympic version.

And while Spain may not have as much trouble with it because of Calderon and Navarro... they will have to resat at some time. Rubio aint old enough yet. But when they press they have to stay at home with it. You can't constantly gamble with the press. And the press takes them out of their initial offense too. Even throwing in half court traps should be used a lot.

But their isn't a team that can hang with them.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote