View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #110
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just going by what I have seen so far. And Paul making a pass to LeBron hasn't changed the fact that Paul is having a tougher time getting into the lane. And with his inability to shoot outside, he hasn't been a great point guard out there.
I'm also going by what I've seen and I've seem him getting in the lane. He's played well, that's why he was leading the team in minutes coming into today's game.

Quote:
Andre Miller once put up 11 assists a game. He still doesn't have the vision of Kidd who has never averaged that. And I'm not saying Paul is Andre or vice versa. But what I am saying is assists aren't the end all with passing.
I'm not sure how much I value court vision at the PG position if it's not leading to assists.

Quote:
With LeBron, Kobe, Wade dominating the ball and the point guard is only used for getting into the offense, USA neds a guard who can pass quickly, sees the floor quickly, isn't afraid to guive it up. Paul isn't like that. He can pass, but it comes from dribbling a ton. He doesn't see it off the bat like Kidd.
But somehow he collected 6 assists in less than 20 minutes. If you'll notice, the wing players dominate the ball more when Kidd's in the game because he gives it up an doesn't look to get it back. He could dictate the offense a bit more if he wanted to.

Quote:
It isn't a coincidence that the US has blown other team's out with Kidd in the game, and has lost leads repeated with Paul or Deron in the game. And that goes back to the fast break. The USa puts on those runs when they rebound, steal and kick it ahead for dunks. Those happen a lot more with Kidd in the game. That isn't an exaggeration.
I'm pretty sure this is just your perception. This team looks to run at ever opportunity no matter who is in the game and great deal of that running is sparked by pressure defense. Paul and Williams are just a good as Kidd when it comes to pressuring the ball and playing the passing lanes.