View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 05:06 PM   #114
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not sure how much I value court vision at the PG position if it's not leading to assists.
Because Jason Kidd is making the play, not getting the assist. It happened at least 4 times today against China. He started the break, threw it ahead to LeBron or Kobe who gave it up to someone for the dunk. Had Kidd not released the ball so quickly from the back court, there would be no fast break.

Quote:
But somehow he collected 6 assists in less than 20 minutes. If you'll notice, the wing players dominate the ball more when Kidd's in the game because he gives it up an doesn't look to get it back. He could dictate the offense a bit more if he wanted to.
And how many of those assists came when the game was over in the 4th quarter? Kidd rarely if ever gets to play when the game is "over."

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this is just your perception. This team looks to run at ever opportunity no matter who is in the game and great deal of that running is sparked by pressure defense. Paul and Williams are just a good as Kidd when it comes to pressuring the ball and playing the passing lanes.
Team may be running at every opportunity but it only translates to fast break success with Kidd in there. That is telling to me.

Last edited by Bayliss; 08-10-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote