Thread: MFFL
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #14
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
The Pistons under Carlisle if I recall were only good for 1 year... and even then they were only a 50 win team. They lost 4-0 to the nets in the playoffs, I dunno if getting swept ever means you were outcoached, maybe your team just wasn't good enough... plus they weren't beating the Duncan/Robinson frontline in the Finals, anyway... the ring ensued after the acquisition of Rasheed, which was when larry brown was head coach.

As for the Pacers, they did fall short that one year they won 61 games to a great defensive Piston team in the playoffs... but they were banged up... and the year after, the brawl at the palace kinda sealed their fate in the season.

In any case, I do believe Carlisle is a definite upgrade from Avery.
Carlistle Piston teams is not the team not won it all. They basically added Rasheed Wallace for nothing. Prince was a big time find in the 2003 playoffs, but inexperienced when playing the defending Eastern Champs in the Nets. I think Carlisle had more to do with instituting an attitude with the starting 4, then strategy. It was basically a bunch of reclamation parts, in Billups, Rip, and Ben Wallace, untapped talents in Okur and Prince. He got the team operating as a unit. Adding Rasheed, Prince's experience basically pushed them to the next level. In Indy, Carlisle never got a shot there, Indy was the favorite his 2nd seaosn, but the malice in the Palace took care of that and he never got close....hey 3rd time is the charm. Now he's taking over someone else's (avery)talented mess.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote