Thread: MFFL
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 11:49 AM   #31
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Band wagon fans likely aren't posting on an internet message board on an August afternoon in the smack middle of the looong off-season.

For some people (like me) their passion for a team manifests itself sometimes in the realization of how bad the team possibly COULD be next year. They could have valid points and valid concerns.

Every subject of debate and discussion needs dissenting points of view. There wouldn't be much point in having a message board otherwise. Life isn't one big circle jerk and neither is this board.

Some of these people that claim they won't be watching next season are lying to themselves anyway. They care enough to be expressing their opinion about it to a bunch of strangers. They'll be watching.
I think you underestimate "desperate loneliness" and "need for acceptance"...

Personally, I don't watch the Mavs - I'm just posting here to garner enough +rep to eventually trade in for a yacht (you can do that with rep, can't you?)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-12-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote