View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #337
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
That's exactly why teachers don't need guns in the classroom - it's a kneejerk reaction that could quickly lead to the score of:

Columbine - 1

Kid who found teacher's gun - 1

(and "1" is too high a score for either...)
I agree 1 is too many.

And your argument that a kid could find the teacher's gun assumes the teacher has the gun in his desk, in a cabinet, etc. It is more likely that the teacher has the gun in a holster, concealed on himself so that he always has it with him if needed no matter where is on school grounds. The only way a kid would find it, is if he let it be known he had it (by using it, or talking about or showing it). In the case of a female teacher, I suppose it's possible the gun is in her purse. But then the kids would have to be looking in her purse to find it. And if the gun is in a purse locked up in a desk, it's useless in an emergency.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote