View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #347
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
To name a few:

Video of teacher attacking students...

Teacher attacks student in North Carolina...

Teacher attacks first-graders with broom...

Student hit by teacher in Indiana...

Queens teacher punches 12-year-old in face...

Teacher's aide attacks autistic student...

Well, I could post links about cops killing innocent people all day long, but cops and teachers serve two very different functions, so debating "cops with guns" vs "teachers with guns" is beyond moot...
If I had gone to google and searched for incidents, I'm sure I could have found some too. The point is they are rare, just like school shootings. In your examples, you have an incident the looks staged, you have a first year teacher, you have a substitute teacher, and you have a teacher's aide. There are others in the list, but that goes back to my comments about being in charge of the district. The people you quoted would never be allowed to carry if it were my district.

Again, I see nothing wrong with allowing select, responsible teachers carry. Some of the comments posted on this chatboard seem to make the argument that if anyone in any situation (in school or not) has a gun, then it will be used. I do not believe that to be the case.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote