View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #354
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So laugh if you want to. You'll probably never have to deal with your own kids being in a school that was attacked, I probably won't either. But if that were to happen to you and/or your kids, you'll change your tune.
No, I'm pretty certain that I wouldn't. But thanks for telling me what I should think...I have such a hard time doing it on my own!

I'm pretty certain that I can't control every single variable in the real world. I'm pretty certain that when I have kids, I wouldn't be able to ultimately keep "something" from happening to them (non-deity that I am).

I'm pretty certain that the "means" are way more important than the "ends" - or at least they are to me. I understand that caring about the "means" is not really a popular idea anymore.

I'm going to go hug a tree now, but maybe when I come back you can tell me what else I should think.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 08-17-2008 at 12:13 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote