View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 04:30 PM   #359
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Trust them in what way? To do what exactly? How is the credibility established?
Trust them to abide by the law. If you research the handgun laws in TX, you will learn that it's only legal to pull the gun as a last resort, and as self defense only. If your attacker isn't armed, you can't pull your gun and shoot him just because he hits you. Heck, if you pull it out as a way to threaten or coerce someone to behave, you have just committed a felony.

To do what exactly? To be responsible. To use said handgun ONLY within the parameters established by the law, and by any other rules the school district chooses to add. Oh, and to keep the handgun hidden/concealed so that nobody knows you have it. Sure, the students are going to learn of the policy, but that doesn't mean they know WHO in the school is armed.

How is credibility established? If the person is a direct report, then by spending time with the individual and getting a feel for his demeanor. Learn how level-headed he is. Learn of his background. Does he have a military background? Things of this nature. If I'm a superintendent, then I also talk with the school principal for a recommendation. Of course, that's just how I would do it. I have no idea how this school is determining who can and can not carry.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote