View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
Interesting article on ESPN.com about Kaman's father's reaction to him competing for the German national team.
-----------------------------
Half a world away, Kamanhaus is divided.

Actually, LeRoy Kaman would probably take issue with calling his home Kamanhaus. He'd prefer "the Kamans' house."

And if LeRoy Kaman turns on the television in Grand Rapids, Mich., on Monday morning to watch his son Chris play basketball, he'll be cheering against him.

"My dad is not so thrilled," Kaman said. "My mom has always supported me, she's great. My dad is kind of negative about it. He's like: 'You're not German, you're an American citizen.'

"He should be happy," Kaman said of his father, whom he has not spoken to since the Olympic tournament began more than a week ago. "It's his grandparents, so he should be happy about it, but sometimes he focuses on the negative a little bit. I tell him, 'C'mon, it's just basketball. That's the way I look at it.' But my dad was a little negative. I had to get in his face a little bit."
That's kinda of sad. The parents should both support their son no matter what their opinions on it are. It's his dream. I want Germany to lose, but I hope Dirk and Kaman can give a good showing.

Last edited by Caseman; 08-17-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote