View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #5
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
What is it that you mean to convey with this post?

As a thinking person with a brain and at least one ear that works, you know that's not what he meant. You know it certainly wasn't even the main subject of that particular part of the conversation. I'm sure if they video hadn't been cut off, the draft wasn't even a part of his answer. What clever editing.

You are a child of 16 or 17, you've said before, so let me assure you son, the draft isn't coming back. Don't worry about it.

And don't parade stupid crap like this around, it really makes you people look bad. And rest assured that when you are old enough to vote, it still won't count. You're in Texas.
Yep, it sucks being in Texas, where the conservatives are only so because they think they're supposed to be. It's disgusting how John Cornyn will probably get re-elected simply because he has an R next to his name, despite his horrendous job these last six years.

The woman's point was "If we do not improve the benefits for our veterans, nobody will join our all-volunteer force, and therefore we would need a draft." The draft part was not particularly serious, I don't think.

John McCain didn't disagree with that.

Well, John McCain has a 20% rating from Disabled Veterans of America and a D from Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans for America. If he's not willing to better conditions for our veterans, then I guess he's okay with a draft.

And McCain's stance on the draft isn't nearly as clear-cut as it would seem. “I might consider it, I don’t think it’s necessary, but I might consider it if you could design a draft where everybody equally could serve.” He is not against the idea of a draft.