View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 07:48 PM   #32
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Pretending that I haven't researched this a whole lot, and haven't seen some things, let's just suppose that you are correct here, and we don't actually have this ability at this time.

How many companies do you think you could get to work on developing it -- if they could get a $1M grant to help with development costs. $1B would be 1000 (1M) grants. Maybe a company has something better so you could offer 20M to that company in secondary grants if they have a working model/concept.

No storage, just hydrogen production at the cylinder.

I said 10B -- so you could have companies working on solar, wind, water, magnetic, etc. Then use the best designs to get GM and Ford to build electric vehicles that have 0 emissions. Build generators for individual power of houses, instead of being dependent on the Grid. Houses built with the idea of using solar, wind, and hydrogen power in concept.

They have some mighty wicked EV's out there if you would like to research it a little bit.

In fact, all-wheel drive, massive power and economical.......possible.

Not allowable though.

And lets face it --- 10B is minor in the big picture of defense.
In my opinion, if the answer is this close to our reach, then it is treason to not get it, use it, etc...

And, yes, I like the idea of funding the grants. I believe the bill that Pelosi walked out on called the "all of the above bill" is basically the idea of funding with grants and other incentives every possible energy solution...

So... Pelosi may be guilty of treason... at least figuratively
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote