View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 06:42 AM   #658
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

The WB are showing their rear ends to the world now. I am thinking that a WB boycott is sounding better. Of course for me, that wouldn't count much since I don't go to the theater except on rare occasion. But still, read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You've got to be kidding me
WB sues 'Hari Puttar' filmmakers
WB sues 'Hari Puttar' filmmakers Warner Bros. is suing an Indian film company called Mirchi Movies because of the title of a film it had scheduled to release on September 12th - "Hari Puttar."

According to a WB spokespesron, "We have recently commenced proceedings against parties involved in the production and distribution of a movie entitled Hari Puttar. Warner Bros values and protects intellectual property rights. However, it is our policy not to discuss publicly the details of any ongoing litigation."

However, a Mirchi Movies spokesperson stated, "We registered the Hari Puttar title in 2005 and it's unfortunate that Warner has chosen to file a case so close to our film's release. In my opinion, I don't think our title has any similarity or links with Harry Potter."

Hari is apparently a popular Indian name while Puttar means son in Punjabi.

We'll keep you updated on this story. Thanks to everyone who emailed in.