View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #33
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
I managed to pay for my first two years of college making anywhere between $5.00 and $7.50 a year in the mid to late 90's..

So paying for your school on the back of 79 cent tacos is doable.
It was in 2000 when I started.

I doubt if it is now.

There's nothing wrong with student loans, and there's nothing wrong with grants and scholarships and subsidized in-state tuition.

What is wrong is when you (crazy CA kooks) want to tax someones income an additional 20% just because they're doing well and you're not, so that you don't have to pay as much on your income. What's wrong is when I pay my mortgage every month, and my tax money could be used by Obamanomics one day to bail some idiot out of his mortage who didn't pay it.

That's the kind of help that gets me riled up, not education...but if you want to go down that road, why do "rich" people have to pay more taxes, and yet their children are ineligible to receive any financial aid from the state when it's time for them to go to college?