View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #85
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

First of all you should read this piece right here: http://www.europac.net/whitepapers/T...bout%20CPI.pdf

It's about the CPI, how it is meassured and how they've changed it over the years. It also gives reasons why they'd do such a thing.

Second of all they took the "core consumer price index" in order to come up with that data as far as I can see. "Core CPI" is in essence the same as the CPI, only that prices for Energy and Food are excluded.

Once again, read the .pdf I posted. To me, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it is a duck, no matter what government tells me. The same goes for recessions.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote