View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #6
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
Longhorn, have you graduated already? Isn't the west side the alumni side? My friends in Law school & grad school get a good amount of tickets...I hope I get to go to a lot more games this year... especially to the Chase Daniels and Mizzou game.

Smith was actually very solid..esp in the first half...but I think he got pretty good protection. I counted he got sacked 0 times (due to a "fumble") and knocked down once. I don't think there is really an excuse for that..even if he has a "quick release."
Yeah, I'm still in school. My normal seats are actually over near yours, but I was sitting with an attorney I worked with this summer (just for the first game). Had to check out that sweet view!

They definitely need to get to the QB more, but I don't view it as an "excuse." The way I see it, a sack requires two elements: 1) pressure, and 2) coverage for long enough that the QB can't throw it to an open man before the pressure gets there.

Not that #1 couldn't be better, but I think your point about the young secondary actually covers both issues. If we get the coverage thing locked down, I think you're going to see a very salty front 7 that racks up a lot of sacks and hurries.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote