View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #44
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Can anyone give me the reason as to why Obama didn't support a live birth abortion ban? I know this has probably been discussed, but could someone elaborate on his stance?
he's caught in the abortion rights conundrum.

it's reflected in the response at the church a few weeks ago, when he was asked when he sees life beginning, he didn't answer the question but did the shuffle by saying he didn't know, the answer "is above my paygrade".

he should be honest and say that "life" begins at conception, as the egg is fertilized and begins to divide...clearly it is a living thing. maybe not a human yet, but it is living nonetheless, and he supports the right of a woman to terminate that pregnancy up until a certain point of gestation.

but he didn't, he acted like a politician not wanting to lose a voter.

if he votes for the bill, he votes to place criminal penalties on someone performing a late term abortion if the fetus shows the signs of life outlined. with the efforts to stop the right of a woman to have an abortion there is the everpresent concern that those who want to prohibit the woman from having an abortion acheive that goal by enacting laws that don't outlaw abortions but criminalize its result.

is he lying? perhaps, but more likely he is just not being honest. there is a difference don't you think?
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote