View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 11:16 AM   #29
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
California is still a heck of a lot more expensive than a lot of other cities, but you really can't beat the experience of living there.

Personally, I'd choose Portland, but that's just because I love the region, and I'd be studying their fabulous ecosystems.

Purdue - sounds like it can't be beat when it comes to education/name recognition (I'm not familiar with the NE schools).

May I ask where you read that about NBA CEO's going to New Haven? That's interesting.
The exchange students at my university have to write reports about their experience abroad and in the one regarding New Haven, I picked that up.

I don't know, I'm still not sure where to go. New Haven would be cool, because

a) its courses
b) it's near NY and I LOVE NY
c) because it's near NY, lots of friends would be able to visit me, since flights from Germany to NY are pretty cheap

Purdue would be cool, because

a) they have great reputation
b) I don't know...

Texas Tech would be cool, because

a) they have a good reputation
b) getting the "American university feeling", because it's so big
c) it seems like there'll always be a party that I could attend

Cal State Universities would be great, because

a) I love California
b) the sun
c) the Californian people

It's just a tough choice. Does anyone know a report that shows all the universities ranked and with profiles? I'd even be willing to pay a couple of bucks.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote