View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 02:46 PM   #323
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ straight up....

You know I was trying to make this point to a blue dog dem the other day -- I was telling him that he shouldn't be so quick to dismiss how much Palin will appeal to "flyover country" because the folks from flyover country pretty consistently determine elections. I made the point that it's no coincidence that the last 3 dem presidents included a charmer from rural Texas, a Georgian Peanut farmer, and a Bubba from Hope Arkansas.

The dude needed a fainting couch when I made this point -- he couldn't understand how I could compare a podunk mayor like Palin to Bill Clinton who graduated from Yale and went to Oxford....

tone deaf is right.

--------------

here 'tis, a real classic in Liberal post-mortem analysis from the '04 election --

The Unteachable Ignorance of the Red States

According to Ms. Smiley, the 58 million people who voted for Bush are stupid, ignorant and evil, in stark contrast to the 55 million who voted for Kerry. How's that for some seriously manichean analysis????

Last edited by alexamenos; 09-09-2008 at 03:04 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote