View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #37
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
I think that attacking the messenger is quite appropriate when the messenger is a "player".
The faster this rag is bankrupt, the better off this country will be.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive.../09/021520.php
man I am tired of the whining coming form YOU and the rest of the boo-farkin-hoo-ers

Yes, Palin is getting alot of press... and Yes, it is press digging for and into negative aspects of her past... that is what the press does. With Palin the story is just uuber compressed BECAUSE the repupublicans specifically selected someone that has NOT been scrutinzed by the press yet.

When was the last time you saw a big story about the Keating 5? WHAT do you think WOULD be happening if McCaine had just burst out of no-where into the national spotlight? There would be 70 stories a day on that scandal, and it would be NEWS. As it is, the keating 5 story, and its part in John McCain's profile, is part of the common conciousness, and it only occassionally receives oblique references.

I actually believe the republicans SPECIFICALLY chose an obscure candiate PURPOSELY with a little dirt in her past just so they could play the "boo-hoo-whine-my-panties-hurt-because-the-big-bad-mean-liberal-elite-are-picking-on-us" card. Apparently it was a good strategy for the immidiate term, as hordes of the masses are currently knocking each down to lap up the pathetic sob-story.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote