View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #459
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I hate to hear about the Roy injury. I know he's not a fan favorite here but he's still a body and it seems this season they've been able to mask his lack of coverage skills. Not really sure what happened on the the Desean Jackson play. Did Pac Man get beat that badly? I'd like to see our defensive backs get some time together. The more time they get together the better they'll be. And i've been having arguments with people all day about the Cowboys defense but they gave up 7 points in the second half to arguably the best team in the NFC and probably the NFL. Not to mention the bs pass interference call on Henry and the fact that Romo gave up 7 himself. Give the defense some time. The most frustrating thing though was seeing how Ellis and Ware had probably over 5 sacks they missed out on because of McNabb. And i'll say this about McNabb. That's the best i've seen him play in a long time. If that's how he's going to play I can't sit here confidently and say the Cowboys will have a cakewalk to the Super Bowl. Even after the win i'm not sure if the Cowboys are better or worse than the Eagles.

The rookies. They came to play yesterday and all had a factor in the win. Jenkins had probably the best and most athletic play of all yesterday. The tip he had saved a touchdown and not many corners in this league would've made that. Bennett showed with seasoning he's going to be a problem. Especially with his athleticism and size. I sort of skimmed through the thread and I saw someone bring up he may be the most gifted tight end in the league aside from Vernon Davis and I may have to agree with that. He's not as fast as Vernon but he's up there with him. Then Felix. I just love this guy. He just like Barber outside of the game is soft spoken and humble and soon as he puts the pads on he's a monster who's killing everything around. Showboating and getting the crowd involved. I love it. Its crazy how similar personality wise they are which is crazy because when you think of running backs they're usually the most trash talking player on their team and most of the times the most vocal behind the receiver. I didn't see much of Tashard Choice or Scandrick so I don't recall what they did but they had pretty good 1st weeks. This is looking like a great rookie class for us.

Romo was a beast. You almost expect for him to put up 300 yards a game. We're growing so accustom to it. Thank goodness for Jason Garrett. I remember the sad days of having Bruce Coslett here as our offensive coordinator. Witten and TO were great as usual.

I can't imagine how the players would've been had they lost last night. I think that game was huge to pull out. Especially a high scoring bout like that. Imagine losing that? I'm sure the guys are emotionally drained as it is. But imagine if they lost. Could ask for trouble against the Packers. Rodgers has been playing great. Its time for that to come to an end on Sunday. He's about due for a bad game. Meanwhile, I think the Eagles could be 1-2 by the week. Shows you how big that game was.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote